Thursday, October 18, 2012

Snake in the Pocket

The ongoing, bizarre saga that is happening with the Diocese of South Carolina and the National Church reminds me of an Eastern NC parable.
On a cool autumn day a little boy is walking down a path and comes upon a snake shivering in the shade.
"Would you please pick me up and warm me in your pocket?" says the snake
"If I do that, you will bite me!" says the boy
"No, no, I promise that I would never do that! Please just carry me a while and leave me in the sun. I promise that I will not bite you!"
"You promise?"
"Absolutely!"
So the boy picks up the snake, puts him in his pocket and walks down the path.
When he comes to the sunny spot, he puts his hand in his pocket, and the snake bites him.
"You promised that you would not bite me!" the boy cries.
"But I'm a snake."

No comments:

Post a Comment