Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year New Blog

I'm not quite a dinosaur, although my cell phone is as old as dirt, and I am somewhat "high tech" challenged. Nevertheless, I enter the bologospere, thinking that somehow my reflections, ramblings and writings may encourage someone along the way, this pilgrimage of healing grace.
You will hear about healing grace quite often, because it's not just the name of the Anglican church that I pastor, it's also what I truly seek to daily experience, live into and give away.
For me the journey of healing grace is anchored in a childhood conversion at a Baptist VBS, winding its way through an adolescence marked by typical insecurities, a father's depression and a deep hunger for God, and now flowing through 32+ years of companionship & adventure with Jane Leigh Meredith.
After countless ministry assignments, raising five kids, with many ups & downs, successes & failures in both, there remains a freshness (often a frightening excitement) to faith, a deepening passion for His presence, a continuous battle with the "old man" and a sharpening desire for the manifestation of the Kingdom of God - in my life and in my world.
So I simply plan to post my thoughts and experiences as I continue to go out "not knowing where I'm going", ever moving towards Zion.
Be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the "Journey" with you, Mark. = ) So glad you've decided to do this...blogging is SUCH a wonderful gift and I KNOW yours will speak DEEP to many!

    Peace, Love, and Joy...
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete