Friday, January 21, 2011

Cleansing the Body, Soul & Spirit

Starting January 1, I cut back on everything, cutting out all sweets, alcohol & rich foods, and beginning with Epiphany, January 6, it has been a strict Daniel Fast - no meats, no dairy products, simply fruits, vegetables, whole grains and detox herbal teas.
I'm trying to cleanse the temple, while believing God for a healing. I've been anointed and prayed for by people of faith, more times than I can count, but today, the Lord spoke through a dear local pastor to go even deeper, so starting tomorrow - 21 days of water!
It's amazing what we will do when it's a matter of life & death, especially in the natural. The humbling part of this is the challenge to have the natural reflect the spiritual and vice versa.
The reality - I hate fasting most any time, but a cancerous biopsy has a way of motivating you. But what about a spirit biopsy? What unhealthy, spiritual cells reside down in my soul? Unforgiveness, resentment, guilt, condemnation, disobedience, unbelief?
It's one thing for me to deal with all of this personally & privately, but I don't live a private life. I lead a community, shepherd a flock, and with a name like Healing Grace, I desire to live into our name and model Kingdom faith.
We have been humbled by the prayers & support and encouraged by the love & kindness; all the while feeling the tension between trust & medical treatment and not allowing the corporate focus to be on me, rather than what the Lord is about in our midst.
So tomorrow, the next step in this journey begins - water, 21 days, and an expectation that the one, who baptizes in Spirit & fire, will baptize me afresh and take me deeper into His presence than ever before, with a bodily healing simply a byproduct of the Healing Grace permeating my soul & spirit.
The Spirit and the Bride say come!

1 comment:

  1. Mark ~

    I want you to know JUST how much WE LOVE YOU! I was just praying for you this morning and PRAISING God for His GREAT gift of you, personally, and as our Pastor and Leader. I have noticed, as the Lord has been leading me in prayer since coming to Healing Grace, that He has been slowly removing this thing...then that...and I am daily seeing a strengthening and a sensitivity ...and a communion and sense of hearing that I did not have before.

    The Lord has His hand on you for more than just you. I can't wait to see the FRUIT that flows out of you as you walk out this fast. Know that we are PRAYING for you deeply daily. And sowing into this Fast WITH you and FOR you and for the GREATER work ...expanding the Tent of not only YOU, but for the collective body you shepherd.

    "...with the sweetest affection." (1 Peter 1:22),
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete